Just this past month, on September 14th, the City of McAllen was recognized for its ability to hold outstanding world-class events.
The International Festival and Events Association recently held its 62nd Annual Convention in Tucson, Arizona, and our amazing city was honored with a stunning 36 awards in the prestigious IFEA/Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards competition – not the least of which was the 2017 Best Parade in the World award.
Going up against some major markets and events, such as the Portland Rose Festival, the award was definitely a proud moment for our community and went towards showcasing all the hard work and dedication put forth by the multiple city offices involved with putting together the event.
And It’s Only Getting Better
As the largest single-day event in south Texas, the McAllen Holiday Parade brought together over 255,000 spectators last year from all throughout the border region, northern Mexico, and south Texas. And the crowds are only expected to grow.
This growth in audience coincides with an increase in economic impact. With an average $13.7 million dollar economic impact each year, over the last three years, the McAllen Holiday Parade has continuously proven its financial value to participating businesses.
When broken down even further, the financial outcomes become even more attractive. In its initial iteration, the McAllen Holiday Parade brought in approximately $11 million dollars. Each consecutive year that number has grown by nearly $2 million and this year’s prospects are looking even stronger.
Add to that:
- More than one million individuals watching the event on television from all over Texas, the Rio Grande Valley, and northern Mexico
- 7 television networks participating including ABC, Univision, CBS, Telemundo, Fox, Televisa, and NBC
- 200 radio spots
- 650 television commercials
- A whopping 8 million social media impressions
- 60 percent of spectators came from outside of McAllen
- 50 percent of audience members come to the parade in groups of 6 or more (i.e. families)
- A $1.5 million media marketing campaign for the City of McAllen and presenting sponsors
This world-class parade is quickly becoming the destination event for communities far and wide – from San Antonio to our neighbors to the south.
The accolades the McAllen Holiday Parade has received, coupled with the sheer amount of spectatorship and business participation the event has drawn, have proven that McAllen is quickly becoming a city to be reckoned with.
Businesses interested in learning how to become a McAllen Holiday Parade sponsor or in need of additional event information can contact Corporate Relations Manager, Ms. Aida Moreno, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (956) 681-1017.
Spread the Magic of Christmas this December 2nd by becoming a sponsor of the event.
In order to best meet business needs and budgets, the City of McAllen offers customized proposals. Through a tailored experience, businesses of all sizes and across every industry are able to reach more than a quarter of a million potential clients in a single event. No other event in south Texas can offer such a far-reaching touch.
City marketers, officials, and managers will work with your business through the specifics of the event in order to properly promote and achieve the desired outcome. Working together we can help you to accomplish your marketing goals.
Sponsorship also includes vendor activation for the corresponding “Christmas in the Park” event. This celebration is ideal for community building as businesses will be provided a booth to meet and greet attendees. You’ll have the perfect opportunity to talk with potential clients on a 1-to-1 basis while representing your company in a fun and engaging environment.
Bring your business to the best event in town. Not only will your business reap immediate and long-term returns, you’ll help to develop your business’s brand recognition, as well as drive new clients and investment into the city.
Sponsorship for the McAllen Holiday Parade means:
- Great business exposure to over a million people all over south Texas and northern Mexico
- An opportunity to give back to the people who make McAllen such a great place to live and explore
- High-visibility presence in the parade and strong branding opportunities as well as an opportunity to distribute samples and promotional materials
- Online and social media business exposure
- Foster community pride
From the business sponsors to attendees, and of course, all the courageous men and women assisting through the emergency response teams and police force, this world-class event is bringing McAllen together like never before.
You can also help to spread the Magic of Christmas and highlight this fantastic event by:
- Liking, commenting, and sharing “See You in McAllen” posts and tweets.
- Using #SeeYouInMcAllen on your own business posts and tweets.
- Picking up “Amigos” signage and point of sale brochures at the Chamber.
- Giving your employees “Amigos” pins to wear at point-of-sale.
- Continuing to deliver the warm welcomes and outstanding customer experiences our visitors have always counted on when they come to McAllen!
Photo By Winter Texan Times and mcallenblogs.com