1) What is your favorite book? I like Around the World in 80 Days and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Vernes – he’s one of my favorite authors. But my very favorite book is The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. I love to read.
2) What is your favorite movie? The ones based on Jane Austin books. I liked “Pride and Prejudice.”
3) What was your favorite vacation spot? I’m enjoying the High Adventure Camps with the Boys Scouts of America. I get beat-up on the outside, but I’m renewed inside. I recently drove part of Troop 7 down to the Florida Keys and did a two-week stint on a 75- foot sailboat. We did a couple of environmental preservation projects on a turtle sanctuary island. We went through a couple of storms and it was the coolest thing, and I learned I didn’t get seasick!
4) What is your life’s motto? I like to treat others the way I expect to be treated. Dare to Dream and Dare to Go For It! That’s how I live my life. And, another one, God, walk with me because here I go!
5) Where were you born? Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico
6) What was a life changing event in your life? Becoming a mom. You think you’re all there until you become a mom. You’ve never loved so much, been afraid so much, wanted to scream so much! Being a mom hits you like a hurricane, but it’s the most wonderful thing.
7) What makes you laugh? My kids and being a mom. I don’t think there is a day that I don’t look up to the heavens and ask, “Is this a sign?” My goofiness makes me laugh.
8) What is the question you most want answered? Why – about a lot of things. Why do people hate so much? What’s going on in Syria? Why is there so much sickness and yet we’re still spending money on senseless stuff?
9) What is the happiest thing for you to think about? My kids and my husband. I love my husband. I like work too. Sometimes my kids and family make me smile the most, sometimes it’s work.
10) What is the first thing you do each morning? I pray.
11) What are any apps or other technology you use to get things done? I’m old school. I like to write things down. I use the calendar. I like the fact that when I’m writing things down on a piece of paper I enjoy making the list and manually crossing things off. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. No app gives me that pleasure.
12) What is the last thing you do before going to bed? I pray.