Carats, Jewelry and Fine Gifts
1) What is your favorite book? I have quite a few because I was a Latin American Literature major. I think my favorite is The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka. It’s hard to choose.
2) What is your favorite movie? I’m a big fan of film director Pedro Almodóvar so I choose Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown.
3) What is your favorite vacation spot? Anywhere that has a beach or any place that I have not been. I have a bucket list of places I want to go see.
4) What is your life’s motto? Do good to others not because of who they are, but because of who you are. This was written by Oleg Vishnepolsky but I really do believe in that.
5) Where were you born? Brownsville, Texas
6) What was a life-changing event in your life? When I started working in a jewelry department that I eventually owned. Ever since I was a kid, I have been very curious about gems.
7) What makes you laugh? I laugh at everything, but animal videos and witty people with a dry sense of humor really make me laugh.
8) What is the question you most want answered? When will they find a cure for diabetes and cancer? I would also really like to know how we started in this universe.
9) What is the happiest thing for you to think about? When I sell a 10-carat diamond!
10) What was your favorite TV show growing up? Captain Kangaroo and BOO monster movies, on Saturday mornings.
11) What is the first thing you do each morning? I really thank God first thing every day and then I go for coffee!
12) What are any apps or other technology you use to get things done? I block technology in my life though I do use my smartphone. It reminds me of everything.
13) What is the last thing you do before going to bed? I check my glucose. I have had Juvenile Diabetes for 30 years. I’m very careful that my glucose levels are good and then I sleep better. You know that the Valley has the highest incidence of diabetes in the world!