1) What is your favorite book? The Shack by William Young. The story line intrigued me. It’s about a man who suffers a lot of pain with the loss of a child, unbearable pain. The story is about forgiveness and how to get through life’s struggles. It is a reminder that many times we aren’t aware of God’s presence or even think we have been abandoned, God never leaves our side.
2) What is your favorite movie? I don’t know that I have a favorite movie. I like watching Hallmark movies. I prefer those, especially during the holidays, because of the happy endings.
3) What was your favorite vacation spot? Now that my kids are older, I think going to the island with them. When I was growing up it was camping at Garner State Park with my parents, near San Antonio in the Hill Country.
4) What is your life’s motto? Treat others the way you want to be treated, the Golden Rule. I really believe that.
5) Where were you born? Edinburg, Texas.
6) What was a life-changing event in your life? Probably becoming a mom and knowing that my child would be dependent on me. I was going to be responsible for another life along with everything that goes with being a mom.
7) What makes you laugh? When I get together with family and we talk about growing up, some of the things we did as children, especially when we thought we were so smart and thought our parents didn’t have a clue. Looking back, we weren’t fooling anyone and that brings laughter. Getting together with friends makes me laugh because often times we laugh at ourselves.
8) What is the question you most want answered? I want to know the winning Powerball numbers in advance.
9) What is the happiest thing for you to think about? I am most happy when my husband, boys, and their significant others are all together. My older son is getting married and I’m going to be an instant grandmother. Family and having close and healthy relationships makes me happy.
10) What time do you get up? About six in the morning.
11) What is the first thing you do each morning? The first thing I do is pray.
12) What are any apps or other technology you use to get things done? My phone, iPad, laptop, the square, walking apps for my exercise and the Atkins Diet app.
13) What is the last thing you do before going to bed? The last thing I do is pray.
14) What time do you go to sleep? Around midnight.