Attorney & Equity Partner
Atlas, Hall & Rodriguez, LLP
1) What is your favorite book? It has been a while since I’ve had the free time to read as I did in my youth. I had to read a lot of different books in college and law school. Picking a favorite is difficult. I can tell you I thought the easiest classic to read was Bram Stokerís Dracula. I thought that was the most interesting, much more riveting than contracts and Real Estate Law 101!
2) What is your favorite movie? The movie I can watch almost any time it’s on is The Bourne Identity. I’m a fan of entertaining action movies more than some of the cognitive movies. Any kind of 80s action movies would entertain me.
3) What was your favorite vacation spot? I would say probably Montreal, Canada, because it’s the first time my kids saw snow. Growing up in the Midwest was an incredible novelty. Seeing them throw snowballs for the first time and make snow angels, experiencing snow for the first time, that was Montreal.
4) What is your life’s motto? It’s a Latin phrase, In Omnia Paratus. It’s a military motto and it means “in all things prepared.” I first heard it probably 12 or 13 years ago.
5) Where were you born? Toledo, Ohio. I grew up going back and forth between Michigan and Ohio, but the hospital was in Toledo.
6) What was a life-changing event in your life? I think the birth of my two kids. Of course, if I hadn’t met my wife a random day in law school, none of that would have happened. I think the universe was conspiring on that day.
7) What makes you laugh? My kids. As they grow, the things they say become more and more entertaining. They’re never afraid to tell me that I look old or that they don’t like what I’m wearing.
8) What is the question you most want answered? What does the future hold? It would be nice to know that. After that it would be . . . how do you make a ponytail that my daughter actually likes?
9) What is the happiest thing for you to think about? My family – my wife and my kids. They always have the ability to make me smile. I feel so lucky to have them.
10) What was your favorite TV show growing up? It had to be something on Saturday morning cartoons. It was either He-Man or GI Joe.
11) What is the first thing you do each morning? The first thing is I do is to make the kids a fresh lunch for that day. Then I go run for 20 minutes.
12) What are any apps or other technology you use to get things done? At work I use my phone a lot. Mostly I use text messages and email. I actually use the calculator app quite a bit at work. At home, Netflix. It’s probably the best 12 dollars I spend a month.
13) What is the last thing you do before going to bed? Check on the kids.
14) What time do you go to sleep? I try to be asleep by midnight. It just depends on what we have that day and what my work load is.