1) What is your favorite book? Dinesh d’Souza is my favorite author. Right now, one of the books I’m currently enjoying is Stealing America. I like autobiographical books mainly.
2) What is your favorite movie? I’m a big Star Wars fan so the entire Star Wars series. I like the villains so I do like the Darth Vader characters, the scythes. I would say, however, that out of them all Han Solo might be my favorite.
3) What was your favorite vacation spot?
I like the beach but it gets a little old. I like places which have activity like New Orleans and Las Vegas.
4) What is your life’s motto? Don’t sweat the small stuff!
5) Where were you born? McAllen, TX. I’m a true blue local, born in the old downtown hospital.
6) What was a life changing event in your life? It had to be the birth of my first son, when I had to become an adult and face life as a father and not so much as an individual.
7) What makes you laugh? I love watching kids experience something for the first time. It cracks me up, whether it’s when they see their first shadow or their first pickle.
8) What is the question you most want answered? I don’t know that I want to know what’s going to happen in the future. I’d rather know is my family is going to be fine. Are they going to be well? Are they going to be established as they grow into mature adults and have their own families? Are they going to be secure? Are they going to be happy?
9) What is the happiest thing for you to think about? Thinking about traveling and experiencing different parts of the world; that would be so interesting to me. I love learning about cultures and often think I should have been an anthropologist instead of working in corporate America. I love to see how other cultures integrate and get along. I think we see a big mixture of that down here.
10) What time do you get up? I get up about 5:30 every morning.
11) What is the first thing you do each morning? I click on my phone, check emails and start listening to my iHeart radio as I get dressed, a very typical, boring, morning ritual.
12) What are any apps or other technology you use to get things done? I use my smart phone, laptop when I travel and PC in the office. Outlook is extremely useful for me to stay organized. Other than that, I try not to be too involved with social media. I have accounts, but hardly post anything. I don’t have enough time for all that. I hardly use apps – I’m an old-schooled person. If I can’t do it on Excel, then I would rather do it manually.
13) What is the last thing you do before going to bed? I tour the house to make sure the kids didn’t forget to close the garage, the dogs are fed, the lights are out, and I secure the home by turning on the alarms. I’ll read a little right before I go to bed.
14) What time do you go to sleep? Around midnight.