The City of McAllen and the McAllen Chamber of Commerce will host a Texas Open Carry Law Seminar on Friday, January 29, at 8:30 a.m. at the McAllen Chamber of Commerce, 1200 Ash Ave. in McAllen. During the 84th Legislative Session, new legislation passed that will affect handgun licensing in the state of Texas, and since the law became effective on January 1, there have been many questions from the community regarding the new open carry laws, in particular the authority of a person who is licensed to carry a handgun to openly carry a holstered handgun.
In response to these questions the City and the Chamber have organized this informative seminar for the business community and any interested citizens who wish to get answers to some of their questions.
Topics that will be covered:
- The eight requirements to be eligible for open carry
- Four things that must be completed for open carry
- What is permitted by businesses to post to prohibit open carry in a store
- Where are the five places where open carry is not allowed
- What are the four things that are considered violations of the open carry law
Who Should Attend:
- Business owners and store owners
- Retail store managers and property managers
- Leasing agents and commercial real estate managers
- Interested citizens
The seminar is free and open to the public, but seating is limited so attendees must RSVP by calling Gerry Garcia at 682-2871.
Who: McAllen Chamber of Commerce and the City of McAllen
What: Texas Open Carry Law Seminar
When: Friday, January 29, 2016, 8:30 a.m.
Where: McAllen Chamber Conference Room, 1200 Ash Ave., McAllen, TX
RSVP: Gerry Garcia at 682-2871