Owner and President, Boggus Ford
1) What is your favorite book? The Bible because I don’t really read very many books. I couldn’t come up with a favorite book besides that and I read that often. That’s my road map to life.
2) What is your favorite movie? My favorite movie is “Overboard.” I think it’s hilarious. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell are so funny. It’s one of my wife’s and my favorite movie.
3) What was your favorite vacation spot? Hawaii. I’d have to say the island of Kauai. I love it. When I get over there I think how I want to move there, I want to live there. I love the foliage. I love the smell of the air. I love the people.
4) What is your life’s motto? The Golden Rule, treat everybody like you’d like to be treated. That’s by far a simple deal. Another one I like is, ‘Always tell the truth.’
5) Where were you born? Amarillo. Dad was in the service. We lived there for one year and then moved to Harlingen and I never have been back.
6) What was a life changing event in your life? I have more than one. I don’t know how to prioritize them but getting married, having kids, and the death of my brother. If something had a different kind of impact that seemed massive to me it was losing my brother, not just how it affected me as my twin brother but how it affected me at work, also, because he was running the Harlingen dealership.
7) What makes you laugh? My grandkids. I have 5 grandkids now and the innocence of the little grandkids, just the things they say and do and the joy and happiness they feel make me laugh. To me, as adults, our joy and happiness is based on work, family, maybe money . . . stuff. But the kids wake up in innocence and I love watching that.
8) What is the question you most want answered? Why was evil ever allowed to begin? I actually think I know from the Bible. We started off with a perfect world. I believe God created the world and he also could have stopped sin from coming into the world and so I wonder, ‘Man, why didn’t you just leave it perfect so we wouldn’t have all this evil?’
9) What is the happiest thing for you to think about? I’d have to say when my family is happy, when my kids are happy, I’m happy.
10) What time do you get up? Usually 6 a.m.
11) What is the first thing you do each morning? My cup of coffee is first, then I eat breakfast. Then I read a devotional. I’m reading one right now called “First 15.” It’s really about the first 15 minutes of your day. Besides a reading, it sends me off to read other things I might not have found.
12) What are any apps or other technology you use to get things done? I have a tablet, cellphone, two screens on my desk, and computer. I carry my tablet and my cellphone with me almost everywhere. The apps I use are a recorder app to make a note when I think of something. Everyday I get on my mail app and Sudoku.
13) What is the last thing you do before going to bed? Probably read the paper or play Sudoku. I’ve gotten into it. I’ve even gone on line and watched some youTube videos on how to play it better.
14) What time do you go to sleep? 10:30 p.m. It’s my routine. I have to have pretty much 8 hours of sleep.