It’s been a big year in McAllen!
As the third quarter draws to a close, it’s time to plan for the holidays. Your customers and employees have made every success in 2017 possible. How do you spread some cheer, reignite passion, and generally say thanks for your business or thanks for a job well done? A holiday party, of course!
Here at your McAllen Chamber of Commerce, we understand how much of an effort it can be to find the right venue, arrange catering, and organize the event. We are here to help provide some insight into hosting and event planning to make this year’s holiday party one to remember.
Holiday parties are good for business!
- Enhance employee relationships. A holiday party in a non-work environment can really help to build team connections and stronger social bonds that lead to improved work efficiency.
- Gain valuable insight. As a business owner, interacting with your employees outside of the office can provide you insight on how to best utilize their personal skills and interests at work.
- The light at the end of the tunnel. The company event can be tied to a specific goal or benchmark, which can help to motivate staff. After a quarter/year of hard work, a moment of respite is definitely called for.
- Boost excitement for the upcoming year. Ending the year on the right note can provide just the right boost of morale to get your employees reenergized for the upcoming year. Kickoff 2018 with a bang.
- A personal thanks goes a long way. Reports highlighting sales accomplishments, extra PTO, and end-of-year bonuses are good rewards for hard work. But a company event during which awards and recognitions are handed out adds a personal touch that can really showcase your appreciation for your employees’ contribution to the company.
The same concepts apply if you host an event that includes customers. Build relationships and enhance communication while showing your appreciation.
What to consider when choosing a venue.
Planning a holiday event can require quite a bit of time and effort. Depending on a number of factors, you may be able to pass this responsibility along to HR personnel or even an event planner, to help you properly organize activities.
When deciding on which venue to choose consider:
- Your budget. Understanding your budget should be your main priority:
- Determine maximum budget.
- Allocate money based on priority elements (food, music, entertainment, etc.).
- Calculate number of guests that will be in attendance to determine potential catering costs.
Knowing your budget can help you to determine which venue is best for you.
- Date and location. The McAllen metro area is relatively large with plenty of venue options to choose from. But you’ll want to choose a venue that is centralized for all your employees to easily attend. Also, in order to improve attendance, survey employees with a couple of date options.
- Availability. Being open with a few date options increases the likelihood of booking the venue of your choice.
- Venue and event planning. When choosing your venue, consider the number of attendees so that you can accommodate everyone. If you’ve decided to go with an event planner, double check to see what services they offer and if catering is included.
McAllen has the right venues, catering services, and event planners for your holiday party.
If you’re looking for the perfect venue to host your holiday celebration, McAllen offers plenty of options. From large events centers that can house a sizable crowd to more personal settings, your McAllen Chamber of Commerce can help you make the right choice.
A number of our top-notch members for mid-size to larger events include:
Doubletree Suites by Hilton McAllen
1800 South Second Street
McAllen, TX 78503
DoubleTree offers amazing event planning services, space, and attention to details. They’ll help you to set up, supply your event with the necessary items, and even meet any special dietary needs you may have.
Give them a call today to set up a tour.
Glow Party & Event Center
6601 N. 10th St., Ste. A-1
McAllen, TX 78504
Do you have a special theme in mind? Then Glow Party & Event Center is the right venue for you. Featuring LED lights, color effects, and unique theme designs, transform your party into a night to remember.
McAllen Convention Performing Arts Center
700 Convention Center Boulevard
McAllen, Texas 78501
A venue like no other, the McAllen Convention Center is fully equipped to handle small intimate events or large corporate functions. Featuring complimentary wi-fi, event lighting, audio, and video design, and in-house catering services.
Provide your employees with an experience they won’t soon forget.
Memorial Event Center
208 E. Canton
Edinburg, TX 78539
If you’re looking for something a little more elegant and sophisticated, Memorial Event Center is the way to go. Featuring event planning services, turn your celebration into an amazing memory.
Contact them today to set up an appointment for a personal tour.
Valencia Event Center
3012 S. Jackson Rd.
McAllen, TX 78503
Exquisite. Unique. Exotic. The Valencia Event Center offers a Mediterranean touch to your celebration. Featuring wrought iron, stucco, and magnificent arches, soft LED lighting, a hardwood dance floor, custom water features, and a gorgeous terraza to provide you a moment of fresh air, Valencia Event Center is sure to make your event spectacular.
Renaissance Casa De Palmas
101 N. Main
McAllen, TX 78501
Located in the heart of the McAllen Art District is the historic Renaissance Casa De Palmas hotel. Featuring a 6500 square foot elegant event space, the site offers plenty of gorgeous scenery, a bar, luxury, and an ambiance you won’t find anywhere else.
214 E. Chimney Rd.
Mission, TX 78572
On the banks of the scenic Rio Grande River, the Riverside Club offers a casual atmosphere and shaded waterfront patio to view the beautiful south Texas sunset. Offering room for up to 300 people, a culinary staff, designers, audio/visual techs, and a director to guide you through the event planning process, you’ll be happy you chose Riverside Club.
The Old Church Winery
700 N Main St.
McAllen, TX 78501
If you’re in search of a distinct and intimate setting, The Old Church Winery in the heart of McAllen is as gorgeous as they come. Accommodating 152 guests, the special event venue offers a rustic decor, wine bar, full catering kitchen, an exceptional system and much more.
An urban oasis, The Old Church Winery is sure to bring your holiday celebration alive.
McAllen Chamber of Commerce members offer a wide variety of event spaces, catering, and planning services.
Thank your customers, reward your employees, improve productivity, and enjoy some much-needed downtime with a holiday celebration. Don’t wait, start preparing today to have the best event for your company and employees.
If you are not a member, contact McAllen Chamber of Commerce today at 956-682-2871 to find out more about becoming a member.